Recipe: Southwest Chicken Wraps
These Southwestern Wraps are packed with nutrition.. Easy and nutritious!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz chicken cooked and shredded or cubed
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp chili powder ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans (drained)
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup roasted red peppers roughly chopped
- 1 cup sour cream low fat
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 7 Flatout flatbreads
- 1 cup favorite shredded cheese mix
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cooked chicken, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Cook for 1 or 2 minutes until it's heated through.
- Add the rice, black beans, green onions, cilantro and stir.
- Cook for 1 more minute until everything warms through.
- Add the spinach and roasted red peppers to the skillet and gently stir for a minute.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sour cream and lime juice.
- Spread desired amount over a flatbread, then add about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with some shredded cheese and roll.
Join our mailing list!
Stay connected with nutrition tips, fitness tips, and more to live the fit life.