Want something a little different for breakfast? Pull out the waffle maker and make some of these tasty and wholesome waffles. We've substituted almond flower and coconut milk to make these Belgium waffles extra healthy.
Grain-Free Cinnamon Waffles
Prep Time: 20 Minutes • Total Time: 30 Minutes • Makes 2 Belgian waffles
1. If needed grease your waffle maker with one tsp melted butter. Heat according to manufacturer directions.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks, melted butter, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
4. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. It'll look like a light white foam.
5. Stir egg yolk mixture into dry ingredients. Gently fold in egg whites until lightly incorporated.
6. Add half of your batter to waffle maker and cook for 2½-3 minutes, until edges are lightly golden brown. Gently remove and repeat with remaining batter.
Stay connected with nutrition tips, fitness tips, and more to live the fit life.
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, address, email, etc.) to any third party, without your expressed permission.