Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
A delightfully refreshing and healthy way to get your fruit and vegetables. It tastes great!
- 1 1/2 cups water or coconut water
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup mango chunks
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 3/4" piece of peeled fresh ginger (optional)
Did you know (from Healthline) - Blueberries are among the most nutrient-dense berries. A 1-cup (148-gram) serving of blueberries contains (1):
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Vitamin C: 24% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 36% of the RDI
- Manganese: 25% of the RDI
- Small amounts of various other nutrients
They are also about 85% water, and an entire cup contains only 84 calories, with 15 grams of carbohydrates. Calorie for calorie, this makes them an excellent source of several important nutrients.
How to Make a Smoothie
- Add Ingredients to a your blender (the stronger the better), in the order listed above
- If you add protein powder add it after the Mango. This order will ensure the blender doesn't "freeze."
- Blend. Blend until smooth. Pulse if things need help getting moving.
- Drink. This recipe doesn't separate much and will even keep overnight.
Additional Smoothie Substitutions and Additions
Water: Instead of water you can use coconut water, almond milk or other milk.
Mango: Frozen pineapple makes tasty green smoothie too.
Kale: Any type of kale works, just be sure to remove the bitter stem. (Always add more spinach than kale....decrease bitterness)
Green matcha powder
Enjoy! Let us know your favorite smoothie recipe!
Use this recipe with the awesome Arbonne Plant Based Protein. Contact us at [email protected] for ordering info
Join our mailing list!
Stay connected with nutrition tips, fitness tips, and more to live the fit life.