1 Tbs. + 2 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbs. + 2 Tbs. dry sherry
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. + 1 tsp. cornstarch
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (or firm tofu), cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp. dark brown sugar
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
2 Tbs. peanut oil
2 stalks celery, chopped
½ cup salted, roasted peanuts
1 scallion, minced
1. In a bowl, mix 1 Tbs. of soy sauce, 1 Tbs. of sherry, the garlic, and 1 tsp. of cornstarch. Toss with the chicken (or tofu).
2. In a bowl, mix 2 Tbs. of soy sauce, 2 Tbs. of sherry, 1 tsp. of cornstarch, the sugar, and the pepper flakes, with 2 Tbs. of water.
3. In a large non-stick pan, heat the oil over high heat until sizzling hot. Stir-fry the chicken until almost cooked, 1-2 minutes (4-5 minutes if using tofu).
4. Push the chicken (or tofu) to the side. Pour in the soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil.
5. Add the celery and peanuts. Stir to coat everything with the sauce and heat through. Remove from the heat.
6. Sprinkle with the scallion.