Most of us could use a better night’s sleep. Here are a few tips to help you do that!
Stream this episode
Download the .mp3
A good quality night’s sleep can be elusive for so many. Here are a few tips to help you sleep better
- 30 min before bed, start winding things down. Turn off lights, put on soft music, lower your voice, get off your phone or computer
- Try a couple of supplements (ZMA – http://amzn.to/2AND0i6 and/or Calm – http://amzn.to/2AqvFob)
- Minimize the amount of stimulus by making your room as dark as possible (or using sleep mask) and try using ear plugs
- Use an app called Brainwave to simulate your sleeping brainwaves (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brainwave-35-binaural-series/id307219387?mt=8)
- Journal before you go to bed. Right down your thoughts for the day and 4-5 things you appreciate from the day.
- Using a counting meditation (count every breath…up from 1-4 and down 4-1).
- If you wake up in the middle of the night, use a scrap piece of paper to write down your thoughts.
- Add oxygen producing plants to your room (Pothos, Ferns, Lavender)
- Use scent in your room (and shower) to enhance relaxation…lavender and chamomile.
If you like this video please…
1) Follow us on FB, PushPointe and Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/c/Pushpointe)
2) If you’re in the Town of Fort Mill or Charlotte, NC are come workout at the studio (http://www.pushpointe.com/getting-started/)
3) Request your free copy of the 8 Principles of Healthy Eating. Drop us an email at [email protected]
Keep living the fit life!