The HERO Running Club, led by Kelly Ussery, is a vibrant, active running club serving Fort Mill, SC and surrounding communities. Founded in 2013 as an official club of PushPointe, our mission is to unite runners at every level of ability and interest, promote healthy living, friendship, camaraderie, and support our community and charitable causes. We invite you to join this vibrant running club.
Our club believes in the following core principles:
- Everyone is welcome regardless of your level of experience, speed, or ability. We welcome walkers just starting out to more advanced runners and everyone in between. For beginners, we want to alleviate any fears or anxiety and welcome you into our club.
- We believe in your goals. Whether your goal is to run races or just get in shape, we have something for you. Our club is very supportive and our members love to welcome new members. It’s about you.
- We believe in having fun. It’s about more than just logging miles, it’s about the relationships we forge. We have social events throughout the year for our runners, their family and friends.
- We believe that the Fort Mill community is a great running community and we want to help make it even better. We want to work with local businesses, community organizations, and non-profits to promote health, fitness, and running in the community.
- We believe in helping others. We are always looking for opportunities to help others and support charitable organizations.
- Training is coming soon. For those interested in becoming a better runner whether it is their first 5k, quarter marathon, half marathon, full marathon, or your 100th, we will provide programs that are developed by Road Runner Club of America (RRCA) and US Track and Field certified running coaches. The RRCA / US Track and Field accreditation process ensures that our coaches meet the strict guidelines for coaching and are trained in scientifically-sound, proven training principles as well as proper fueling and nutrition strategies, injury prevention and recovery, first aid, CPR, sports psychology and other topics related to successful coaching. The training programs are based on 20+ years of RRCA experience across 1200+ running clubs across the United States as well as the deep history of the US Track and Field.
We run Saturday and Sunday mornings year round; Wednesdays when the days are a little longer (be sure to check the calendar for updates).
Our main running routes are along Hwy 160 and Gold Hill Rd. They are side-walked and well lit. See our Club Events (coming soon) page for other run locations and times. Check out our membership options for details about club membership.